Cakery Arts Terms & Conditions
By paying the retainer towards this invoice you are acknowledging the following terms:
1. Your order is considered booked upon receipt of your non-refundable 50% retainer payment. The remaining balance is due no later than one month prior to your event. Any and all changes to your order must be made prior to the final payment being made. Should you cancel your cake the retainer is non-refundable. Non-payment of the final balance will result in a cancelled orde
2. Assuming the new date requested is available, postponements will be allowed for cancellations due to events beyond control such as forest fires, natural disasters and pandemics. The event may only be postponed once and if the new date is cancelled for any reason the balance payment will be required.
3. Please be aware: ingredients or machinery may have come in contact with nuts, milk and wheat products. You agree to notify all guests of the risk and indemnify us and hold us harmless for allergic reactions and any loss, damage, claim or expense related to the ingredients in the cake provided.
4. In the case of fresh flower usage on the cake, the responsibility of flower safety and safe food practices will not fall with Cakery Arts. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product and may contained pesticides, insects, dirt or other contaminants and indemnify us and hold us harmless for allergic reactions and any loss, damage, claim or expense related to the use of fresh flowers.
5. Cakery Arts is not responsible for any damage to the cake after it is delivered and set-up. You are responsible for providing an appropriate, secure table and environment for the cake. Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and an optimal room temperature of 24 degrees Celsius or below. All icings are made with butter and will melt if the cake is left above 24 degrees. There is no guarantee for outdoor events.
6. The colours blue and purple or any shades of these colours cannot be guaranteed. These colours are unstable and tend to fade and/or bleed into surrounding colours and frosting. We will do our best to match your chosen colour palette but cannot guarantee a perfect match.
7. All equipment rentals will be for a three (3) day period: the day of the event and up to two (2) days after. A late fee of $15 per day will apply for each day the items are late and a fee of $30 will be charged if equipment rentals are not clean when returned. Should any parts not be returned within seven (7) days, or are damaged in any way, the renter will be responsible for the cost of replacing such items and any replacement charge. A list of all equipment rentals will be sent with the cake upon delivery for easy reference.
8. In case of an unavoidable occurrence and/or circumstances beyond our control which causes damage or non-delivery of the cake, Cakery Arts will not be held liable for more than the cost of the cake.
9. The client will provide clear delivery directions to the location and inform Cakery Arts of any adverse road hazards and/or obstacles that may hamper the delivery and quality of finished cakes. (Please Note: excessive jarring due to “pot holes”, road reconstruction or unseen road conditions that may cause damage to the finished product).
10. I will photograph my cakes and I reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
11. The date of your final payment is the final date for changes of size, style or flavour of the cake. Any request made after this day cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges. Only the client and no other individuals (i.e.: parents, in-laws, sibling, friend, bridal party member) are authorized to make changes to this contract.
I have read, understand and agree to all that has been stated. I understand that I am responsible for all payments.